1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Untitled Project #2

Discussion in 'Indian Star and Burmese Star tortoises' started by Dan, Aug 26, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Dan

Dan Active Member 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Indiana
    819514A8-F5EE-44EC-97D6-11335919AD3B.jpeg DAB8A436-E4E2-43C1-8292-5EB63FF63821.jpeg Male, about four years old. Was kept outside in a western state much of the year before I got him so only about half the weight of similar-aged animals I’ve had indoors for years but showing concave plastron and massive tail at size mine started flashing. Has gained weight from 360g to over 500g since he came in March. Very active and great eater. Not at all shy.
    60248424-B0EB-4150-8FD6-8CFC4FD3AE23.jpeg
    mrnewberry and ColaCarbonaria like this.
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Those are beauties! I don't know anything about that species, but love looking at your pictures.

(The strings all around the tortoise in the first picture is the main reason I DON'T like coco coir. I've seen a couple different tortoises with dead legs due to hair/string/wire wrapped around the leg and cutting off circulation)
  3. Dan

Dan Active Member 5 Year Member

Indiana
    (The strings all around the tortoise in the first picture is the main reason I DON'T like coco coir. I've seen a couple different tortoises with dead legs due to hair/string/wire wrapped around the leg and cutting off circulation)[/QUOTE]

It’s dog fur because I put him on the carpet a moment while I set up the camera, but that’s another issue entirely . My roomba clearly needs back-up.

No, the dogs don’t have access to my Burmese stars. Apart from emotional investment I just have way too much $$$ wrapped up in these to let them get chewed on.
  4. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club

Southern California
    So what is the experiment Dan?

Beautiful tortoise there.
  5. mrnewberry

mrnewberry Well-Known Member

N.W. Arkansas
    Nice tortoises!