Update on new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
The baby I found last Friday is doing great! Big thanks to Terry!! :)
She started eating the last couple of days and now eagerly waits for her dinner. She has gained 2 grams since Wednesday!

The mighty hunter!
IMAG4869-1.jpg

IMAG4873-1.jpg

Just too cute!
IMAG4885-1.jpg

IMAG4884-1.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The worm almost looks too big for her:D. Did you pick the name yet? Glad she finally decided you were okay to feed her:p :)

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Re: RE: Update on new baby

wellington said:
The worm almost looks too big for her:D. Did you pick the name yet? Glad she finally decided you were okay to feed her:p :)

Nope, no name yet... She is able to tear the worms as she eats them so, she really didn't eat it whole. :D

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
cyan said:
wellington said:

Nope, no name yet... She is able to tear the worms as she eats them so, she really didn't eat it whole. :D

How long did it take for her to eat? How did you get her to eat?

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
I found her last Friday and she started eating on Wednesday. I just kept putting her in one of my soaking tubs with a tiny bit of warm water and different types of food. I have tried blood worms, wax worms, red wigglers, pill bugs, etc. Then I put the tub in one of my big enclosures and left her alone for about an hour each day. She ate pill bugs on Wednesday, and yesterday she ate a red wiggler and 2 wax worms and also pooped for the first time. Today when I put her in the tub, she went straight for the wax worms and ate 2 of them.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow that's a pretty hatchling . I feed my young boxies Reptomin / catfish chow/ and various types of worms/bugs.

It will grow quickly once it starts eating like that

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Just another weeks worth of cuteness! Still eating and doing great. Such a big personality for such a tiny turtle!
IMAG4998-1.jpg

IMAG4987-1.jpg

IMAG5003-1.jpg

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Killing me with cuteness! That last picture is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Wow!! :)
Super cute!! :) Where did you find her? I just had 2 Eastern box turtle eggs hatch! (Visit the thread!) aren't baby box turtles the cutest?! Where did you find your little buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.