Update on the Aldabra/Galapagos Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
The original thread is here http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-52873-page-5.html

Have been kinda dragging my feet on this enclosure/exhibit. But I started working on it again. Almost ready for the roofer to come out. He already has the material in ordered and in stock for this building. But the door frame is under way. I decided to go with an iron worker/welder to weld up a metal 2x2 steel frame then I will put the sheething and siding on it once the door frame structure is installed. Well Here it is. Kinda fancy for some big tortoises with the corbels and all :D

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Looks awesome, lucky tortoises :)

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man ,looks like you have put some time and money into that ha.ha... The tortoises are going to love it . And if you don't end up using it for the torts is a great place to put the mother inlaw L.O.L. just kidding don't put your mother inlaw in there.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
LOL. My mom already said she would live in it. Ha. Shes funny. It has a great shade percentage down there in the huge hardwoods and along side the creek. I should have it done hopefully in a month or so.

This portion just got in the mix. This is actually not part of the biggens exhibit. This will be new outdoor pens for the small to medium tortoises. I love spring. It means expansion and construction for the shelled guys.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That looks fantastic Kelly. Some really nice design ideas there. That truck will make some nice shade in the afternoons. :p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Benjamin said:
Looking good. Plenty of space you have there.

Plenty of space indeed. I think it should be ok for a pair maybe a trio. I did make the pen a little smaller than the initial plan. Its 90' wide and 200' deep. Just on the other side of the fence (where my truck faces) I will be doing a similar enclosure for Galapagos more than likely. it has good sun/shade ratios but seems to be a better working chunk of land for Galapagos and a wallering pond. I only have another acre and 1/3 to take up. But I will use it for sure for tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.