New Green House Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well thats the thing. I have to upgrade what I do have. And then search for the rare ones. :D might have to take a trip to africa to do some research.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ha.Will do. Maybe I will just redesign my future buildings and just do a HUGE one, I have 3 acres. Might be worth it to just design like 10 or 20 thousand square foot big mamba jamba. hmmmmm

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
One huge building would be awesome but it would cost A LOT and take a lot more time to do it. It would most likely be easier to just keep doing what you are doing and finish one thing at a time and dont overwhelm yourself.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah, But I like HUGE projects. Its really not feasible though. With smaller to medium sized buildings I dont need HVAC and stuff like that, so yeah I think it works better with the land setup anyways. As well as keeping each species far away from one another is another thing I like about having multiple buildings.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Absolutely. Amazing.
I mean, you really have the back for this!!!

Can't believe the transformation.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well its ALLLLLLMOST finished but its definitely transformed alot. Just wait till all the plants start growing. My last greenhouse. I had to get rid of the palms, and ficus trees they grew so fast. I cant wait for it to be done.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
RE: New Green House Progress

DSC01220.JPGDSC01221.JPGDSC01222.JPGDSC01223.JPGDSC01224.JPGDSC01225.JPGDSC01230.JPGALrighty then. Its soooo soooo close. but the guys are moved in and loving it. I still just have to do some sealing on the sheetrock and screw in the water proof barrierPVC sheeting(thats the black stuff seen in some of the photos on the walls). Mister system on both sides are working fantastically. And yeah well except the walls and a few minor things here and there, its pretty much done. I know it looks very unplanted and maybe seems like a few more plants could go in. But this being my 3rd greenhouse, I have learned my lesson in not over planting. By spring all these plants will be to the cieling and overgrown, and I cant wait.

Average temp has been 83
Average humidity 92%(its very hard to stay in their after a while. Its literally a chunk of the amazon.

Sorry these pics were taken with the red heart bulbs on they are kinda crappy, But I will get some good clear ones tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York

This is an archetypal facility, thank you for sharing. I bet all those hardtops are thrilled and it's given me some great ideas for construction once I'm ready to take the plunge.

Congratulations on such an amazing facility and well done!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

Thanks, Took alot of hard work. Especially 95% of being me and my tiny mom helping me do it. Im very proud of it. It only took building two more before this one to tweek it just right. I do think I am going to add a water heater to the mister system, I thought it wouldnt be a good idea to run cold water during the mega cold month of january/febuary. I will see how that works out too. Now its time to start on the other buildings. Only 4 more to go :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington

Well done! You and your Mom are amazing.

Do you have help maintaining your facilities, or is it just you and your tiny Mom?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

Just us two. Im very OCD when it comes to taking care of my animals so I would be afraid to allow anyone else to anyways. Maybe help out here and there but its only me and my wee mom:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

HAHA, I did. Shes a burst of energy that one. Shes already starting to buy MORE plants to put in the greenhouse. I give her that look of "remember what happened the last 2 times" she is like ohhhh its ok theyre only small plants. HAHA she cracks me up. I definitely got her energy.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Very cool! I will have one of these some day. Oh yes, I will have one of these some day.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas

:D you should. I have all the leopards in there for this winter till the new building for them is up(I started tearing it down last week:D). They like the humidity, but I keep the mister off them and the substrate dry.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York

tortadise said:
Thanks, Took alot of hard work. Especially 95% of being me and my tiny mom helping me do it. Im very proud of it. It only took building two more before this one to tweek it just right. I do think I am going to add a water heater to the mister system, I thought it wouldnt be a good idea to run cold water during the mega cold month of january/febuary. I will see how that works out too. Now its time to start on the other buildings. Only 4 more to go :D

I know they sell pipe heater wrap and wire, could be useful? Not that you're looking to spend more time and money...

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...a=X&ei=VKZtUPapENGy0QHip4HwBQ&ved=0CHEQ8wIwAg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Hey I could bring down a truckl load of plants for you to over winter for me. That'll fill that greenhouse right up. :D I need to build one, just so I have a ground level place to keep plants in the winter. Carrying all mine up those stairs gets hard on me after the first couple of trips up and down with them... plus it lacks good sun up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.