update to the failed attempt - trying again!

e79

5 Year Member
Here's the original thread: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-83317.html

Reader's Digest version is that my brother-in-law works at Petco and talked me into what he believed was a health male tortoise that he's had there since March...took it to the vet to discover that it was a very unhealthy female that needed to be returned...

SO! The local rescue guy called yesterday with an RT that he felt was a good match! Yay! He and the vet are leaning female but neither could say with certainty one way or the other. Our preference was for a male, but he had me at "healthy" :p He/she has already been to the vet for a full workup (including fecal check, xray, etc.) and passed with flying colors - yay!

I need this week to clean up and get re-set up. #1 went back on Black Friday and the 3 of us spent the next few days each taking a turn with a 24hr stomach bug and then we got 30" of snow so we've been busy :p He said take as much time as I need and when I'm ready he'll bring it over :-D

Here's hoping we'll have a new (healthy!) friend in our house by this time next week. And yes, #2's name will also be Mr. T :giggle:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I remember the first thread, it was really to bad. Glad you haven't give. Up though on getting a shelled friend. Good luck with this one, hope you get it soon.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
I'm sorry to hear this. I bought over the years at our CA. petco 6 RT and i could not be happier. It is very different from one to the other, unfortunately you never know.
good luck
Annette