Updated enclosure ( long overdue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
It's seems as if terra is FINALLY happy with his home!!

image-1770630109.png

He walks around like a mad person.
He's also stopped trying to walk through walls (thank goodness)

I got pretty worried about my tortoise eating cypress mulch, so when he started doing it I immediately got zoo med coco fiber bricks.
He absolutely loves it, and so do I since I heard coco coir doesn't cause impaction if eaten..
His humidity levels are around 60-70%
He has a red repti-sun bulb for night, and an incandescent flood bulb for the day.
He gets about 45minutes to two hours of sun every day, and loads of supervised exercise in my large backyard.
And he eats like a mad person, normally I don't have his food in his enclosure like that but he just would not stop eating!

I'm happy that he's finally happy.

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I've seen members suggesting a ceramic heat emitter instead of any sort of light at night since it disturbs the tortoise.I would look into that if I were you.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I think that she has looked into the CHE's but that her finances are tight right now. I believe she is saving up for one but I could not say for certain. I am sure that WinterDB will chime in and let us know. :p I did find one on Amazon through Entirely Pets for $15 but the shipping and handling was just as much as the CHE. If anyone is in the market for a CHE I would look at Amazon for some good prices.:)

WinterDB

5 Year Member
lovelyrosepetal said:
I think that she has looked into the CHE's but that her finances are tight right now. I believe she is saving up for one but I could not say for certain. I am sure that WinterDB will chime in and let us know. :p I did find one on Amazon through Entirely Pets for $15 but the shipping and handling was just as much as the CHE. If anyone is in the market for a CHE I would look at Amazon for some good prices.:)

Ah, thank you! You are indeed correct, I'm looking to get one as soon as I can.^_^

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The enclosure is so cool...your lil one is in his/her glory. Try putting a small plant in there that he can nip at when he wants. Just a thought for variety.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
sibi said:
The enclosure is so cool...your lil one is in his/her glory. Try putting a small plant in there that he can nip at when he wants. Just a thought for variety.

I have several.^_^
He never really seems to nip at them though:/
I have a kitty litter tray filled with different grasses and weeds that I set him in whenever he gets hungry, sometimes ill leave it in his enclosure to Graze on, too.
It's quite cute, really.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I keep rethinking my tort table set up so its taking me for ever so I imagen how much ill keep changing the set up once its built and I have my tort in it lol however yours looks great I might use your idea about the pumkin hide then something new for christmas and so on lol

WinterDB

5 Year Member
Rover15 said:
I keep rethinking my tort table set up so its taking me for ever so I imagen how much ill keep changing the set up once its built and I have my tort in it lol however yours looks great I might use your idea about the pumkin hide then something new for christmas and so on lol

That's a good idea! If I was really into Christmas I'd put a fake Christmas tree in there xD but (despite my name) fall is my favorite season, so Halloween and thanksgiving decor all the way!!

LongislandPhan

5 Year Member
Looks Great. Not a fan of the red light for nighttime heat though . As mentioned already ceramic heaters are a great option for heat without emitting any light. I use one with a dimmer for 24/7 hands on control of my tortoise's heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.