Updated Humid Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Just thought I would share with you what my hubby came up with. Danny (I think it was Danny the smartie) had shared an idea about using a hot glue gun to glue a sponge into a cut plastic pot and keeping it wet for a humid hide. Well, while my husband was watching me get po'd because my sponge wouldn't stick. He took it and said he would be right back. He drilled a hole in the pot and center of the sponge, ran a bolt through and attached a washer and nut on the other side of the sponge. Now I can take it apart and add a new sponge if I need to or just remove it. Plus I don't have to worry if the sponge comes unglued.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Very nice Dee, hubby had a great idea!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Great idea!

Can I have your hubby for awhile, Dee? I could use some handyman stuff around here. :p

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks, his ideas are starting to pour in for my outdoor enclosures too! Can't wait to put them to use also. Kelly, I would send him to you but he has enough kids in his way here. I don't know what he would do with all of your kids under his feet! LOL Although, maybe he would consider me a little more sane!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Boy that makes it a lot easier to change the sponge. I always worry that after awhile they may smell or become fowl.
But with that I can change them out without a problem. Thanks Dee and Dees Hubby for that idea.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Robyn, I will give John your thanks! I thought about mold issues after a while so this is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.