Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was walking past my Russian pen this a.m. and saw this on the outside of the pen:

Russianurates-1.jpg

So I looked over the fence and saw this:

Russianurates-2.jpg

I have NEVER seen such a large glop of urates from my Russians before. You can see Fat Betty in the background. I'm sure they came from her.

Yvonne

(Pardon the small "screen" view of the camera. The automatic lens cover doesn't always open up all the way and I didn't notice it before taking the pictures)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! I'm picturing the Disney version of the vulture sitting there!

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I was thinking one of the herons or egrets that ate your fish..... but I like the vulture vision!Disney... gotta luv em!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh! I thought you were kidding! No, it was definitely Russian urates.

Yvonne

And speaking of the heron...I had to buy more feeder goldfish for the pond. The original group was totally wiped out. But the mosquito fish are still there. I guess the heron just scared the bejesus out of them and they were hiding. Funny how they know to hide, huh? I haven't see the heron since that one time, and all the turtles are now awake and sunning on the bank. I have a little canada goose sculpture by the water, but I'm looking for a couple larger sculptures of heron to put there hopefully to scare a real bird off.

Yvonne

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thats a big glob alright, I wonder if fake owls would work to keep the birds away, you would have to mave them around from time to time so the birds think they are real. I know they work wonders for pigeons.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wonder if it's bigger then normal, because of just in the last couple of weeks coming out of hibernation. She's no doubt been eating and has gotten to have a long soak or too and so is flushing her system out from a long winter's nap. Of course torts do have the wonderful ability to out poop and urinate any other animal (volume per size) that I have ever witnessed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.