UVB BULBS

Ben Dee

What is the best kind of UVB bulb to use on a red foot tortoise ??? Suggestions anyone ? I heard the coil bulbs are bad. Need some feedback on this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ben, and welcome to the Forum!

For the forest-type tortoises, like the RF, I like to use the tube type fluorescent bulbs. I then plant a lot of greenery to offer diffused lighting and shade for the tortoise.

I think you can find some good info about lighting for your RF tortoise at the Tortoise Library

Ben Dee

Hi Ben, and welcome to the Forum!

For the forest-type tortoises, like the RF, I like to use the tube type fluorescent bulbs. I then plant a lot of greenery to offer diffused lighting and shade for the tortoise.

I think you can find some good info about lighting for your RF tortoise at the Tortoise Library
Thank you so much :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I also use the flourescent type 5.0 . It allows plants to grow but isn't very bright. Red foots don't like bright light and don't need too much heat. 78-90 degrees.

aqua tarkus

Independence Missouri
I also use the flourescent type 5.0 . It allows plants to grow but isn't very bright. Red foots don't like bright light and don't need too much heat. 78-90 degrees.
Well that might explain why I had to replace so many bulbs,due to my big male rf.I finally wised up and moved the light to where he can't get to it.