UVB needs

Tort1419

image.jpg I have an L shaped indoor enclosure, I am so confused about my uv needs. I was originally thinking about have a MVB on one end of the enclosure and a strip light on the same end. Then the other side of the l will not have any other lights( of course unless I need light) do I just need the one MVB for UVB, or should I also include the strip light. If I'm going to use a strip light in thinking about reptisun. If so should I use reptisun 10.0 T5 or T8, if I use the strip light it will be about 10 inches from the tortoise. The enclosure is about 7.5 by 7.5 ft then 2.5ft wide, so it's about 31.25 feet squared

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
The mvb will provide light, heat and uvb in one bulb so I don't think you'd need that and a strip light at the same end.
I don't know if you'd need another light the other end though. Someone else will be able to advise you about that

You may want to use a CHE (just heat no light) on a thermostat at night to keep temps even.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
There isn't one way to do it, it's up to you to decide what you want to achieve.

You need a basking zone with heat (and UVB if time outside is insufficient). Heat and lighting for the rest of the enclosure is dependent on your specific conditions. I think it's a good idea to have additional (non-UVB) lighting throughout the enclosure.