Vacation plans ahead

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
So in January (I know long time from now) my mom brother and I are going on a cruse for 3-4 days to Mexico. I have someone to watch my Oliver but my mom doesn't know them enough to give them a house key and check on Oliver. And I can't move his indoor enclosure to their house it's too big. Any ideas on a temporary enclosure for him that isn't too small but not too big I can't Carry it. Oliver is about 6.5in and 2 lbs

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
So, the only option for you is a temporary enclosure at their house?

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I would just buy one of those big Rubbermaid tubs, they're cheap. The Christmas tree ones are huge. Not sure how big your guy would need, but it is only a couple days. Is there anyone that your mom would trust that you could go over the guidelines to care for your tortoise? That would be ideal.

Prairie Mom

I think @Tyanna 's idea sounds good. You could even consider getting two of them, chopping the ends off, and sticking them together at the pet-sitter's house. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to get the tubs now and set them up so you can do all the climate problem solving you need to before the vacation. Plus, you could put your tort in them regularly so, hopefully, he won't feel as scared to be in them when vacation time comes.