Water bowl

matheny00

Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, Calif
Ok I need help bought the clay flower pot for the hide and clay dish for water bowl but the water seeps out of it and causes mold under it. I can not seem to find one that is sealed/glazed on the outside only. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Perhaps a shallow plastic one? I'm not aware of any glazing/sealant that is food-safe; at least none I'd trust anyway.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I find about one in 10 seeps. Get another one and use that one for food. SOme of them seem like seepers too because the tortoises walk in and out of it and track dirt in and water out.

And it shouldn't be molding underneath unless you have the wrong substrate. What substrate are you using?

matheny00

Anaheim, Calif
We have it setting on the wood of the enclosure and use reptile bark around it. Tom also I have read all the start up info and trying to make changes as I can put pots in for their hides and they climb them and flip on their backs that is why we took the log hide out. with everything in place currently they seem to be more active also

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 18

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have it setting on the wood of the enclosure and use reptile bark around it. Tom also I have read all the start up info and trying to make changes as I can put pots in for their hides and they climb them and flip on their backs that is why we took the log hide out. with everything in place currently they seem to be more active also
I just listed some stuff on your other thread that will address these things. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Instead of clay saucers, I use the plastic ones that look like clay. It's still a semi-rough surface for traction plus they don't seep.