Watery eyes and whistle

Hai

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson az
I've noticed on a few times when I've gone to feed them they have had water around there eyes and one has a very light sound whistle when he breathes. There both very active and eating alot. So should I have to worry about any of these things?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I've noticed on a few times when I've gone to feed them they have had water around there eyes and one has a very light sound whistle when he breathes. There both very active and eating alot. So should I have to worry about any of these things?
Hi there, could you post a pic of their enclosure? What are the temperatures?

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Sounds like a respiratory issue, and bubbles coming out of their nose?

Hai

Tucson az
They have a shaded area I built outside with there insulated night boxes. The temp in it stays between 85 and 90. They got an area with plenty of sun also. But in the morning to afternoons I usually let them roam the yard. Whenever I go to grab them to put them back usually one of them will have water all around the eyes almost like there sweating or maybe the wind and dirt is bugging there eyes. It's usually both eyes like that. Also theres no bubbles coming out of his nose. It's more of a high pitch whistle but it's kinda hard to hear it. Doesn't sound like a wheeze or congestion. 20200513_130642.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The watery eyes are normal. This is called "The Crying Tortoise" for that reason. Your vet probably won't know this.

The breathing sounds pretty normal and not anything to worry about. If they are eating, pooping and behaving normally, I wouldn't bother with a vet.

How many do you have? Do they have a heated night box? Or are they burrowing already for this year?

Hai

Tucson az
I have 2. They stay separated and I made those heated night boxes that you posted. One eats alot and the other eat a little but I'm sure he eats when I'm not around
. They do pooping and wandering the yard alot. Glad to know everything is normal. I just thought it was weird hearing that sound when they breathe. I never used to hear that whistle sound before so just wanted to make sure. Thanks tom