We are getting there

Andy7782

Location (City and/or State)
Woking surrey
Tilly the Hermann tortoise will be coming home to us this weekend so I am in the process of getting her table ready.
First I have bought all the lamps bulbs heat mat and so on.
Now I've put some waterproof flooring in the table with an upstand and sealed it. I'll leave it for 24 hours then put the substrate in and put the lamps in place.
20171129_212836.jpg20171129_224852.jpg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Very nice! I'm a little wary about how you placed the heat mat though. Not sure what kind of wood that is that you have it adhered to, but it might be a good idea to put some kind of insulator between the wood and the mat. The heat from the mat may cause the wood to dry out and crack / warp. I used a thin piece of ceramic on mine. Works pretty good.

Andy7782

Woking surrey
Very nice! I'm a little wary about how you placed the heat mat though. Not sure what kind of wood that is that you have it adhered to, but it might be a good idea to put some kind of insulator between the wood and the mat. The heat from the mat may cause the wood to dry out and crack / warp. I used a thin piece of ceramic on mine. Works pretty good.
Thanks for the info on the heat mat. It's pretty well stuck on there but I may give that a go.