We just got ourselves a big Rads

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
mitchellr said:
Very nice group you have there. The leopard is very nice as well. May i know what is the green powder coated on the salads? Is it hay or supplement powder? My radiated is little bit choosy with his diet. He only wants to graze somehow. Do you guys know how to boost appetite on torts?

Thank you for your visit and reply. The green powder is a blend of three different hays. 60% Timothy Hay, 20% Orchard Hay and 20% of the Alfalfa Hay. I use a old blender to pulverize them then mix the Hay powder into the cut dark greens.

We feed our Reds every other day, come to the feeding day, Oh...They will eat for sure. If you feed them daily, they may not have too good of appetites.

Other thing is Reds need room to walk around. My two Rads are in a 2' X 4 enclosure now. in another two weeks, a 3' X 7' enclosure will be build for them.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Will said:
keepergale said:
Very nice. I was interested in that tortoise too but the wife said (to the Amy
Winhouse song Rehab) No No No

Maybe an older song from the Beatles "yeah yeah yeah" would be a good background song to play. OOOOOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuu88OwdK8

yeah, Yeah, YEAH, She love you( the big rads) for sure. I'm so lucky to have a Tortoise loving wife.

Thank you for the link. Just great.