weather affects

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
now that i just got louis enclosure totally set ... humidity levels just right, etc. ... it REALLY warmed up outside and i'm having to redo everything. the warm air humidifier i was using this winter on a timer, is now totally off. humidity is at 100% ... still. trying to get that down a bit. changed to a 50 watt heat lamp now instead of 100 watt. hoping the sudden changes in temps don't make my little guy ill.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why did you change bulbs? A 100 will dry things out faster if that is your goal. If its too hot under a 100 now you can always raise it up a bit to get the right temp.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
marcy4hope said:
now that i just got louis enclosure totally set ... humidity levels just right, etc. ... it REALLY warmed up outside and i'm having to redo everything. the warm air humidifier i was using this winter on a timer, is now totally off. humidity is at 100% ... still. trying to get that down a bit. changed to a 50 watt heat lamp now instead of 100 watt. hoping the sudden changes in temps don't make my little guy ill.

How do u get humidity at 100% without a humidifier?

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
i got the humidity at 100% WITH the humidifier, but then shut it down after i realized it was too high. and yeah, i switched back to the 100 watt to dry it out. he just has seemed too hot with the 100 watt in there, but hope to dry it out quicker so i can get him cooled down a bit. just got warm outside here really fast this week.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
marcy4hope said:
i got the humidity at 100% WITH the humidifier, but then shut it down after i realized it was too high. and yeah, i switched back to the 100 watt to dry it out. he just has seemed too hot with the 100 watt in there, but hope to dry it out quicker so i can get him cooled down a bit. just got warm outside here really fast this week.

Same here it's been in to 75-80's range all week

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You can raise a basking light up a little so your tort does not get too warm while you are letting it dry out some....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.