Weird poop

Frankie2021

Location (City and/or State)
Gibraltar ??
Hello,
I was wondering what 7 month old tortoise poop looked like as I think mine has slight diarrhoea ? it’s abit liquidy but not at the same time ? I’m giving him store bought foods such as lambs lettuce, endive, escarole, etc.. no iceberg lettuce or anything like that, no tomatoes, no fruit, no anything that’s got too much water content so I’m confused to why he’s pooping like this. He’s been pooping like this since I got him from the breeder and thought maybe it was his new environment but it’s still abit weird. He’s soaked regularly and humidity is always up, all in all he’s a happy chap but his poops are odd. Also his eyes are clear and overall he’s healthy, it’s just his poop and there’s no mucus or worms or anything in his poop either, can anyone put my mind to rest?

Attachments

• 8651498B-6849-462B-980F-B67E4E76CCEE.jpeg
    8651498B-6849-462B-980F-B67E4E76CCEE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hello,
I was wondering what 7 month old tortoise poop looked like as I think mine has slight diarrhoea ? it’s abit liquidy but not at the same time ? I’m giving him store bought foods such as lambs lettuce, endive, escarole, etc.. no iceberg lettuce or anything like that, no tomatoes, no fruit, no anything that’s got too much water content so I’m confused to why he’s pooping like this. He’s been pooping like this since I got him from the breeder and thought maybe it was his new environment but it’s still abit weird. He’s soaked regularly and humidity is always up, all in all he’s a happy chap but his poops are odd. Also his eyes are clear and overall he’s healthy, it’s just his poop and there’s no mucus or worms or anything in his poop either, can anyone put my mind to rest?

What kind of tortoise? ?
Maybe he needs more fiber in his foods.?
Those foods may be too dehydrating that’s why he is getting diarrhea?
Just a thought...
I’ll call on the experts.
@maggie3fan
@YvonneG
@Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello,
There is too much going on in your picture. Where is the poop? Is it the dark stuff kind of in the middle?

Frankie2021

Gibraltar ??
his poop is fine, literally after just 1 day or 2 it was back to normal and yes its the dark stuff in the middle lol