Weird SoCal weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
It almost felt like winter here in SoCal today -- cloudy, damp and cool. I even wore a sweatshirt to a day game at Angel Stadium!

Anyway, Gomez and Morticia didn't know what to do with themselves. They came out for breakfast and spent the rest of the day in their burrows, not even rising for their usual pre-dusk cruise around the enclosure and bedtime weed snack. Any other SoCal folks' torts thrown by the odd cool spell? Anybody bringing their torts in tonight as a result?

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Southern California
thatrebecca said:
It almost felt like winter here in SoCal today -- cloudy, damp and cool. I even wore a sweatshirt to a day game at Angel Stadium!

Anyway, Gomez and Morticia didn't know what to do with themselves. They came out for breakfast and spent the rest of the day in their burrows, not even rising for their usual pre-dusk cruise around the enclosure and bedtime weed snack. Any other SoCal folks' torts thrown by the odd cool spell? Anybody bringing their torts in tonight as a result?
I wasn't home today, but I had left over food that I normally don't have at the end of the day. No reason to bring mine in for the night as their enclosures are heated.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
It's raining here right now!!! I love it! Such a treat - I went out and stood in it for five minutes! I did turn the heat mats on for those who needed it.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
It rained here on Saturday and sprinkled this afternoon. My Russians were out for a bit but spent most of the weekend in their dry house.

I kept all 3 leopards inside the whole weekend.

One thing you can count on with cold so Cal weather, it won't last long!

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have the overcast, but its still 85-90 here. My torts were not as active today.

Penn

5 Year Member
I live in Pasadena and had no sun all weekend, light sprinkle here and there too.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
You know, I shouldn't have used the word "cold" because technically it still hasn't been cold...

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
It barely hit 70 here this weekend with rain both days. I had 20 some people over for a BBQ and they wanted to see the torts. The only ones that came out of their hides all day were the CDTs

wildchild6771

5 Year Member
I live in central California and its been muggy all day and in the 90s. My torts are fine with it, while I've just had about enough of this humidity!

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, back to hot and sunny today and both torts were ravenous after a couple days of low appetites. They ate twice as much as usual. Amazing how their every minute is governed by the weather.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Two of the CDTs were out walking and cruising...one of them even slept out of his burrow right at the entrance night before last---I even went and checked to see him out still at the last peek of 11:30pm ...but when I went out in the am he was in his burrow--so must have just been out enjoying the cool night air for a change....the other two were business as usual--although out a bit more than usual...

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
OK everybody, this is my first summer living in the San Fernando Valley and I was told it would feel like the surface of the sun by this time of the summer, but tonight is downright chilly and damp. 60 is supposed to be the low tonight.

I brought the torts into the shed for the night, which is about 10 degrees warmer (and much drier) than their outdoor enclosure right now. Still need to get them some CHEs, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.