welcome to my family...

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
But when i put it in i have to spray it with wayer every day is that right ?
It depends. If you have a closed chamber enclosure then dumping water onto the substrate every few days should be enough to keep the humidity up. If you have an open top, then you would need to spray the substrate more often to keep it wet. Now, your Leopard is older than mine and I know that as they get older humidity isn't as big of a deal. I'm sure some of the more experienced members will chime in with a good percentage for you to shoot for given the age of your tort.

Mammyjuls

It is enclosed
And i have
Also got got repti glo 10.0 uvb light
And got ceramic heater 60w

For heat and ligh

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A cute tort - GOD bless.

As a member told you, torts need time, and A LOT OF TIME to adapt, meanig so much patience from their owners. So take it easy.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
It is enclosed
And i have
Also got got repti glo 10.0 uvb light
And got ceramic heater 60w

For heat and ligh
Can you post a picture of the enclosure? That would help us get a better idea of how you've got it set up. Is your UV bulb the coil style? During the day I have a 100w Powersun MVB bulb on and 2 CHE's on thermostats. The CHE's never kick on during the day because the Powersun bulb keeps the whole enclosure warm enough. At night, I turn off the Powersun and the CHE's take over for heat.

Mammyjuls

A cute tort - GOD bless.

As a member told you, torts need time, and A LOT OF TIME to adapt, meanig so much patience from their owners. So take it easy.
Yes i will do i have put him in and just left him to him self but will have to put the coco coir in tomo as did not have that today but then just going to leave him to settle in

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I meant to ask you, where are you located if you don't mind saying and what are your plans for outdoor time for your tort?

Mammyjuls

We live in durham uk
And outside we have build a simple enclouser for him to go in in the garden will put it on the grass but can only do it when we have nice weather with is not really that often here

How warm dos it really need to be for him to go outside

We have a all enclosed garden as well

Mammyjuls

Also when he is more settled i am going to let him out and about in the house as well

Mammyjuls

Could you also post some pics of your set up please so o can see what yours look like
Going to post in a min of mine but ,ine has not got the coco coir in yet will tomo and going get some rocks as well the strip light you can not see in pic but will take pics of the boxs of the lights so you can see what i have

Mammyjuls

zrjAUJ.jpg

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
My climate is fairly different than yours, but I put my guys outside when the air temp is 75 or higher. On sunny days, this means the ground temp in the outdoor enclosure is at least 90...usually higher. Use a temp gun to check the ground temps and be sure to provide lots of shade. I know you said you are going to change the substrate, so thats great....I would also find some chemical free plants to put in your enclosure to give you tort more hiding areas. What are the dimensions on the enclosure? How are you measuring your temps and humidity? I will take pictures of my enclosure when I get home tonight (it'll be really late) and will post them tomorrow.

Mammyjuls

Ok changed his enclosed floor and put the stuff in also hot two temp one at cold side and a thermo - hygrometer at the warmer side also got a habistat thermostat .
So I can set the temp for day and for night and that controls it to make sure it dos not get to high or to low will post pics and yes I have started to look for plants for him

Since I have changed every think today he is now more active and moving about and exploring as he was just sleeping all the time before that he looks a lot happier now .

My humidity is readying at about 60 si hoping that's fine and the temp is 30c in hot side and about 24c in cold side

Mammyjuls

But I was told to feed him toroise pelts and bag of drained tortoise fruit mix .is this right ??
I thought it was like cucumber and letters ect.... but not ice burger letters