Advice good or bad welcome!

Annaaaaap

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi all, in need of advice, I’ve recently taken in a leopard tortoise from someone I know, he’s roughly 4 years old and has some bad pyramiding. He was in a small vivarium and I’ve recently built him a new enclosure. He’s not happy and not coming out but think it’s going to take some getting used to. His temperature in hot end is 35 Celsius and cold end sitting at 16 Celsius, he was eating when in his vivarium but since moving home he’s not eating. He makes a slight whistling noise but his eyes and nose is fine, and was eating and very active before I moved him. Is there anything I can do to help him😭 I’ll get him checked over by a vet, but need advice on if his temps are okay and what his humidity should be? How often should I bath him? I’ll attach photos. I’m moving to a larger house with a garden and large workshop in December so I’ll upgrade him and put him outside then!IMG_8578.jpegIMG_8580.jpegIMG_8579.jpegIMG_8529.jpegIMG_8530.jpegIMG_8533.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, he needs a much much bigger enclosure than that. That's a hatchling size enclosure.
Temps should never go below 80F day and night all over except the basking area.
Basking 95-100F
Please get him into a large, at least a room size enclosure, 8x10 or 10x10 a dedicated room to him or rehome him. He has already been stunted, he should be bigger than that at 4. He can catch up in size if he's give the proper room, diet and heat!
He will need bigger than the size I mentioned as he grows.

Reactions: Ink

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He will need to be given a long soak in warmish water every day. They also need quite high humidity in their enclosure so it will need to be covered, maybe with a portable greenhouse over it, to prevent further pyramiding. I hope you are able to follow the advice and get a bigger enclosure for him. Good of you to take him in!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I guess, this some photos are made in his old vivarium. And the new open top enclosure is larger.
@Annaaaaap what size is he now and what are the dimensions of the new enclosure?

16C is really too cold for him and can be the reason of inactivity. Also, tortoises don't like changes and he is stressed now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I guess, this some photos are made in his old vivarium. And the new open top enclosure is larger.
@Annaaaaap what size is he now and what are the dimensions of the new enclosure?

16C is really too cold for him and can be the reason of inactivity. Also, tortoises don't like changes and he is stressed now.
Might be old and new enclosure but nothing looks big enough for that age leopard. I had to rehab a leopard kept in too small enclosure. He couldn't walk and was way under sized. This leopard needs much better than any picture shows!