WETTING DOWN ENCLOSURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
The weather here in Alta Loma, California has been 100 or so degrees the last few days. My question is will wetting down my Desert Tortoises enclosure cause the humdity to be too high? Could the high humidity possibily lead to a respiratory infection?

Thank you in advance for any information. :tort:

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
If its 100 degrees then I would wet it down. It would only stay wet for maybe an hour depending on how much sun there is and how long you wet it down.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hose it down, attach a low water volume water sprinkler and turn it on for awhile....just pay special attention to make sure that the water does not flood into the torts sleeping burrow/hide...as hot as it is outside, they still need a dry place to sleep in the evening :D

Here the temps rose to and stayed at 113--so I went and swooped up my old man Humphry and brought him inside so he can cool off....his yard is a temp yard this year and his hide is not as insulated as the others permanent yard burrows/hides....so funny, when I sat him down on the cold concrete in the house, in the area set up for situations like this---he stretched all four legs and his head out as far as they could possible go and laid out on the concrete.....and he is still in that spot....lol....

These guys love water....love soaking in it...love walking through the sprinkler during this heat....:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Lol...I did not even think of taking a pic....hmmmmm...here is a pic close to what he was doing...just imagine head out laying on cool concrete....and the other is him enjoying a splash in sprinkler.....wow...I have to get some ne:pw summer pics....lol..

Attachments

• 2011-09-04_19-20-27_536.jpg
    2011-09-04_19-20-27_536.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 23
  • 2011-07-04_09-10-48_374.jpg
    2011-07-04_09-10-48_374.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 18

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I was thinking the same thing

I know I know....I am slipping....I will keep my phone in my pocket for the next couple days out to play with the torts (well, not much playing the last few days with the crazy hot weather...lol) ......so when I go out to ummm spray em and they run out and make like chow hounds for their munchies and then rooster tail back into their hides and burrows....lol

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
My redfoot come running when its hot and I start spraying them down. They love it

Status
Not open for further replies.