What’s wrong? (trouble walking)

karleym

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
https://www.reddit.com/r/tortoise/s/V0oybjvrEk

This started about 2 days ago, where all of a sudden she can't walk. She is getting around, but very slowly. She gets her soaks, greens, calcium, she has the Arcadia UVB. She has always been very active and attentive, is it possible she hurt one of her legs? She lights to dig herself under her water dish. She has pooped normally, so I don’t think she’s backed up. I linked the original post since I can’t add the video. Any insight would be appreciated!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
This tortoise's condition seems to be deteriorating (I'm in contact with the karleym on the original reddit post linked). It almost seems neurological, but the tortoise also seems to be in a lot of pain. At first I wondered if it was just constipation, but the tortoise has pooped.
@Yvonne G have you ever seen anything like this?

karleym

Georgia
I think I might have done the impossible, and over hydrated her. I added some unflavored Pedialyte in with her soak, thinking it would just be helpful. I think that may be the source of her issue. I am an idiot, I am well aware. So I will not be upset if y’all get on my case, it is justified as I made an idiotic decision thinking it would be of help to her.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I think I might have done the impossible, and over hydrated her. I added some unflavored Pedialyte in with her soak, thinking it would just be helpful. I think that may be the source of her issue. I am an idiot, I am well aware. So I will not be upset if y’all get on my case, it is justified as I made an idiotic decision thinking it would be of help to her.
Could your tortoise have been dropped by another family member without your knowledge? That might cause an injury which could manifest as what is shown in your video.

Where in GA are you? There may be people near you who could help. I am in the Lawrenceville area myself.

karleym

Georgia
Could your tortoise have been dropped by another family member without your knowledge? That might cause an injury which could manifest as what is shown in your video.

Where in GA are you? There may be people near you who could help. I am in the Lawrenceville area myself.
It’s just me and my mother, she doesn’t handle her. My tortoise does like to dig up under her water dish and maybe she could have hurt her leg? I’m in the Dublin area

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not likely the cause. I'm sure that's just about impossible to do too a tort. Piedialyte is used a lot for sick torts.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I am not getting to see the video.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
https://www.reddit.com/r/tortoise/s/V0oybjvrEk

This started about 2 days ago, where all of a sudden she can't walk. She is getting around, but very slowly. She gets her soaks, greens, calcium, she has the Arcadia UVB. She has always been very active and attentive, is it possible she hurt one of her legs? She lights to dig herself under her water dish. She has pooped normally, so I don’t think she’s backed up. I linked the original post since I can’t add the video. Any insight would be appreciated!
The post on reddit is deleted. Can you explain the problem here? What species size and age tortoise are we talking about?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Video is not viewable. Please answer the questions Tom asked and provide more details of care and housing and diet. We do need those if we are to try to help.

karleym

Georgia
Video is not viewable. Please answer the questions Tom asked and provide more details of care and housing and diet. We do need those if we are to try to help.
I posted a link to it. She is a Russian tortoise, I have had a her a few months and got her from a pet store, she has UVB, she has her heat lamp, she has reptisoil and eco earth mix for substrate, she gets her calcium and soaks, she eats collards, kale, dandelion greens, etc