What am I???

Slow and steady

Location (City and/or State)
S.E. Florida
Hi All,
I'm considering buying this adorable little PP. I was wondering if any of you PP people out there might lend your opinion as to the gender of this one. I know, it's young, but I'm hoping it's one of those that has some glaring obvious detail. I have my opinion, but I don't want to sway anyone in one way or another. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your answers and rationale.

pardalispardalisunusuala.jpg pardalispardalisunusualc.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Big tail, anal scutes pointing outward - male! But, of course, you know this is only a guess. You won't really be able to tell until it starts going through the dreaded teen age years.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I'm sorry but although gorgeous it's far far to early to tell. Having raised up several PP leopards from hatchlings I can assure you it's impossible to determine the sex until they reach at least 6-8".

If it was possible to know that young I would be cherry picking like crazy lol.

I was wrong on my early guesses for virtually every PP I raised up. I have two just this year that I was almost certain were female turn male on me VERY VERY quickly . Tail size can triple in a matter of 6 months.

But that's part of the fun of raising them up. You never quite know what you will end up with.

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Merely a guess but that tail is already getting big. Get it, and you can tell me in a couple of years.
Looks like I'll be able to do that, Craig. My decision was made easier by the fact that one of the torts was sold while I was contemplating. All good though, as I ended up with the one I was leaning toward in the first place. All things happen for a reason. Should be arriving next week, weather permitting. Have another look at this little tortoise can. The chubby legs kill me!

Attachments

• pardalispardalisunusualc.jpg
    pardalispardalisunusualc.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 11

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Fantastic! I like this one a lot too, I like the front scute it has. Congrats!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Looks like I'll be able to do that, Craig. My decision was made easier by the fact that one of the torts was sold while I was contemplating. All good though, as I ended up with the one I was leaning toward in the first place. All things happen for a reason. Should be arriving next week, weather permitting. Have another look at this little tortoise can. The chubby legs kill me!
Love it!