What are your plans for when a little one passes?

Crzt4torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeastern US
Have you ever seen the bio degradable cup with a seed you can get and basically your ashes provide nutrients to grow a tree on your choosing. I like that idea. I suppose you could do the same with animals too... I actually may do that with most pets since I forget i'd even read that. Burying is fine, in fact I want to end up in the ground and think my animals eventually should too, but the idea of rotting there is just yucky.
I bury in the yard, then plant a bush or perennial over the grave. Inevitably I refer to the plant by the pets name...so I have living memories of a sort.

sharpf

5 Year Member
Arizona
During the past 40 years I have had to say goodbye to so many of my beloved pets. Dogs, Cats and birds. With each one, I bury them in my yard but in a piece of my clothing, like a piece of me is with them. I lived at a previous address in a mobile home park for about 25 years and I think if someone dug up the back yard they would think it was the pet cemetery!The important thing is to remember the joy you had while they were with you and how you did all you could to care for it!

aimeerusko

California
http://www.cremainsinglassjewelry.com/
My husband gave me one of these made out of my cat that i had for 20 years. It was one of my most treasured possessions. It is also what i will be doing with all my pets and (grandparents because that's what they said they want done to them)

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
We bury any and all of the pets we've lost over the years. We have two spots, one in the front garden and one off to the side of the house just past an open bit of grass. We put a solar light on the side area though, kind of a memento of the light they gave us in life. But they usually get wrapped up in a small towel or a cardboard box before being committed to earth. The smaller animals (I've lost five rats over the years, they don't live terribly long and I've had several that have passed away from cancer) get rocks put on top just so our currently living animals don't decide to unbury them and have a snack. o_O
But I like the idea of putting them back into the ground, and it's always nice to see small plants growing right around where they were buried. Makes me feel like we're giving back a little bit to the world and letting nature take its course.
I'd like to be put into that cup thing with the seed of a tree though, personally. At least my carbon footprint would be slightly less reduced. :p

robertyoung

United State
When a beloved pet passes away, it's important to have a plan in place to honor their memory and manage the practical aspects. Many people choose to arrange a Pet Funeral Service to ensure their companion is treated with dignity and respect. This can include options like a private ceremony, cremation, or burial, depending on your preferences and needs. It's a way to celebrate their life and say goodbye in a meaningful way. Planning ahead can provide peace of mind during a difficult time. If you need more information or support, local pet funeral services can offer guidance and help you navigate the process.