What does every one think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Remi is 4mths old, she is 3" and 57 grams. She poops a lot I clean up after her twice a day. I feel like I'm doing every thing right heres a few pics. The one of her in the white bowl is the 1st day I got her.

image-50325010.png

image-2088777110.png

image-3869395597.png

image-2550285478.png

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
tortadise said:
Looks great!

Thanks :) I just noticed how dry her shell looked when I first got her compared to now. I also froze some grasses and weeds, (4 extra large bags) to help her make it at least a month and a half through winter. Not sure if it was a good idea or not, but I'm going to be growing grass indoors as well.

Urtle

5 Year Member
How recent are those pictures? She looks good!

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
The one in the white bowl was 7/13/12 and the others are from 9/5/12, 9/6/12 and 9/7/12

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
DesertGrandma said:
she looks cute!!

Thanks I'm overly paranoid about her care, and shell.

Urtle said:
How recent are those pictures? She looks good!

The one in the white bowl was 7/13/12 and the others are from 9/5/12, 9/6/12 and 9/7/12

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm guessing the empty tub is for sunning, right. I use things like that in winter when temps are cooler, but be careful about overheating in the summer. You sound like you are pretty on top of things, but I always worry... Do you have a temp gun for those warm days?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Tom said:
I'm guessing the empty tub is for sunning, right. I use things like that in winter when temps are cooler, but be careful about overheating in the summer. You sound like you are pretty on top of things, but I always worry... Do you have a temp gun for those warm days?

Your right I only put her in there for sunning, wouldn't want to lose her in the yard, I need a baby pool but I couldn't find any, and I do have a temp gun, I usually keep her in the sun and half under a tree if it's too hot. I also never leave her alone because I don't have a fenced in yard so I don't want her to get to hot when I'm not around, or someone come and steal her. I use a shallow water dish in there too.

Tom said:

They just sprayed my yard with chemicals so i won't be able to let her eat the grasses outside now, but I found some website that sell cactus petals and tort grazing mixes so this pay day I intend on buying some. I froze some grasses and weeds before they sprayed my yard, but I'm not sure if that will be ok for Remi to eat or not. I hear freezing certain things can either increase nutrients or decrease them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I figured you were all squared away... I'd rather bring it up and have somebody tell me they already knew that, than not bring it up and find out after a disaster that they didn't know, and nobody told them.

I think you are going to have a long lived happy tortoise. You are off to a great start.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Tom said:
I figured you were all squared away... I'd rather bring it up and have somebody tell me they already knew that, than not bring it up and find out after a disaster that they didn't know, and nobody told them.

I think you are going to have a long lived happy tortoise. You are off to a great start.

Hey I'm happy that people care enough to cross check things, the only days she doesn't get to go outdoors is when I'm at class plus working 16hour days (2 days a week) I get brother to mist her and turn her light off and I soak her on my lunch break. My brother is a cheap sitter he works for a bag of almonds.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
image-1363995168.png

When I couldn't get her to eat her When I first got her, someone said I should purée her food and it worked she ate it right up. I put grasses, plantain, clover, spring mix, and collard greens in it, it worked she ate it all up and getting her to eat has been easy ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.