WHat is this pretty thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knobs of KY

I think it is of the hibiscus family but not sure :/ Méraddyn sure likes it, but I want to make sure it is ok to let him have :)

according to the GOOGLE it is a rose of Sharon ? So my next question is~ why do some call hibiscus also rose of Sharon if the flowers look so different? I have both on my property-confused :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is a rose of sharon. Some are single and some, like yours, are double.

Rose of Sharon - Hibiscus...same family, different plant.

'Hibiscus' is the genus of flowering plants in the mallow family.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, never seen a double rose of Sharon before. My DTs sure love the single bush in our yard. ImageUploadedByTortForum1375561806.368278.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Michigan
thatrebecca said:
Wow, never seen a double rose of Sharon before. My DTs sure love the single bush in our yard.

They have all kinds of new vaieties out now.. little kim is a mini rose of sharon and i know they are making a purple/blue ones too.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
WOW! Thank you everyone :) Both the rose of Sharon and hibiscuses I have are good sized shrub trees :) Méraddyn doesn't seem interested in the white hibiscus but loves these pink rose of Sharon :) I am begging to think he has a fondness towards the red color family (loves radicchio, red leaf lettuce and the pink rose of Sharon ) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.