What is this?

Mike&Sully

Location (City and/or State)
Buckeye, AZ
So we just finished bathing Mike and Sullivan and found this in the poo. Not sure who it came from. I thought it was possibly a piece of damaged shell, but could not find any damage on the torts. Wife is thinking possibly a "calcium stone"? About 1 inch long half inch wide. Smooth bottom but rough top?

Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick

Attachments

• 20210820_145357.jpg
    20210820_145357.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 20210820_145219.jpg
    20210820_145219.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Okay I can see that. I do give them cuttlefish bone. I guess I have to remind them little bites next time.
Best to use whole cuttle bone pieces. They can't bite or scrape off a piece that is too big with their own mouth, and any undigested pieces will be able to pass through as this one did.

Mike&Sully

Buckeye, AZ
Best to use whole cuttle bone pieces. They can't bite or scrape off a piece that is too big with their own mouth, and any undigested pieces will be able to pass through as this one did.
Tom are you saying to only give them pices from the cuttlefish bone? Not the entire thing? I can do that too.

Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom are you saying to only give them pices from the cuttlefish bone? Not the entire thing? I can do that too.

Thanks
No, I mean give them the entire cuttlebone so they can scrape off bite size pieces. If you cut it into smaller chunks, it could e a problem.

You can also scrape it into a powder on top of the food.

Mike&Sully

Buckeye, AZ
No, I mean give them the entire cuttlebone so they can scrape off bite size pieces. If you cut it into smaller chunks, it could e a problem.

You can also scrape it into a powder on top of the food.
Okay. I am following now. Thats what I had been doing. I get the zoo med cuttle bone and give them the whole thing.

Thanks.