What right temps and humidity does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
AGAIN.. it's been a crazy late summer.. temps seldom into even the upper 80's in August! And then it's been another dry summer on top of that.. and into the 50's at night - in AUGUST!!!.. so everybody has been inside in a 'controlled' environment for a few weeks now.

It's always good when this occurs.. it starts with "scratchin'" in the cypress and then into the 'nest-box'. But not until it's saturated with HOT water.. which seems to inspire nesting!

Started at 6p..

92708SONSHINE.jpg

With that typical "trance"..

Trance.jpg

She was having trouble since the soil in the nest-box was a little dry [ this was the first nest this season inside ] so it took an exceptionally long time for her to dig her nest because the soil kept falling back into the nest. Outside I sometimes will pour a little water in the hole to help.. but seldom inside. As a result I didn't wait for her to complete the digging and was inside and didn't catch any 'laying' pics.

Ready for the incubator..

Incubatoready.jpg

And covering up the [ empty ] nest..

Cover-up.jpg

It was after 9p when she finally finished and started to cover-up her nest. It seldom takes 2 hours to nest.

This is "Sonshines" 2nd nest this 'season' so she's starting off great. She could easily nest 3-4 more times this season!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats...again. I really love the coloring on the face and front feet. Such a pretty female.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations Terry and Sonshine. I love how they look so round like golf balls. Again great pics Terry. Looking forward to seeing new hatchlings in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.