What should I plant?

emdevwade

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451276719.407188.jpg

This is not my own photo, just one I found on Google. I'm going to recreate this for my Russian tortoise indoor enclosure. Can anyone suggest the best things for me to plant in the grazing area? Thanks ☺️

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
View attachment 160197

This is not my own photo, just one I found on Google. I'm going to recreate this for my Russian tortoise indoor enclosure. Can anyone suggest the best things for me to plant in the grazing area? Thanks ☺️
www.thetorotisetable.org.uk is a good guide for tort safe food and plants for enclosures, but if I were you I would just use trays as in the photo as these are easy to replace when needed.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
For me, it's seeds from Tortoise Supply.
They sprout very quickly and recover and grow again after a tortoise has eaten the tops off. (Like free food)
They will sprout and grow pretty well with not very bright lighting although will not grow to maturity without sunlight.

emdevwade

I thought the tray was a great idea. It would allow me to grow a few at a time and just replace them as he eats. Thank you for your responses. I can always count on everyone on here for helpful tips :) I love it!