What turtle species is this??

Joey visser

Location (City and/or State)
Netherlands
Hello everyone, Im new on this forum.
I just bought a turtle second-hand from somebody who didnt know anything about turtles but got one from a friend and tried to get rid of it. Now I bought it becouse his conditions were horible. But I cant find a simulair lookin one anywhere on the internet. So my question is; Does anyone know what species of turtle this is so I can fulfill its needs? Thanks in advantage
Ps, the pictures are from the old aquarium it was in.

E96C9FD1-634F-479A-BEE0-C24BF0BA5515.png21D12665-26DD-40D8-88A9-AFDDCF8DB73E.png5DBCE224-104E-481C-AE03-C33F88DE6224.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know much about them, but I THINK, if I'm remembering correctly, they're not strong swimmers and do better in shallower water, preferring to walk up an incline to reach the top to breathe.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I don't know much about them, but I THINK, if I'm remembering correctly, they're not strong swimmers and do better in shallower water, preferring to walk up an incline to reach the top to breathe.
They are very strong swimmers but prefer to bottom walk. I keep them in deep water as they swim to the surface with no problems. They even can be kept in a tank with no basking platform, just floating plants near the surface to "float bask". Males can be territorial when adult and relentlessly chase other musk turtles (and spotted turtles and western pond) but leave other basking turtles alone. Also tail nippers. So other turtles of any type are in danger of shortened tails if kept together.

They are extremely interesting turtles and fun to watch. Just not the best community turtles in a smaller environment.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey...he needs a 'beach' set up. He's freakin beautiful! He'd be happier if he could walk every where...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Guess we're just too old Y