wheat grass planted in grocery store

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuttle

5 Year Member
hi guys. is the wheat grass being sold in grocery stores for human consumption is safe to feed suclata tortoise for main staple diet? thanks

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
I feed it to my babies, adult Greeks and baby Leopard as part of a varied diet - that is key - very good for them but as part of a variety of as many things as you can offer, always! I buy the wheat grass seeds (they are 1.29 a pound these days) at the health food store and plant it in little flats and change them out as they graze them down. More economical that way, yay! : )

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
No need to buy the grocery store plants, these seeds grow easily. In just days they will sprout. Then you know that they have no chemicals on them.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I do .
wheatgrass
it's easy to get the berries soak them in water overnight.
next day wash them couple times and leave them in the tray wash the berrys every 4 hours. when you see that they sprout. take a tray fill with one and a half to 2 inches with very good soil. place the sprouts and top of it. what a good with the spray bottle
no cover it up so that it dark, each state spray with the water and cover it up. three days later take the cover off, and place the grass into the Sun , at this point it's gonna be like 3 inches high and it's going to look yellow. few days later it's going to be very nice green and you have to have it at least four inch long to get all the nutrition from it. then cut it all up and put it in a zip lock bag, place in fridge and use it within a few days. good luck
Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Yep. The seed is part of my mix I cast in enclosures for the young ones to graze upon.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I buy seeds in bulk off of ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.