Where is everybody?

squamatasquamata

5 Year Member
Been away for a while see some on the forum, I recognize but notice a lot of people missing where have they gone?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Depends on who you are looking for and how long you were gone
Quite a few years ago, a few active members left and started their own now defunct forum. They lurk but don't join in.
Some just leave after they either get all the info they need and just lurk or leave altogether.
Some, unfortunately have passed away.

squamatasquamata

5 Year Member
Depends on who you are looking for and how long you were gone
Quite a few years ago, a few active members left and started their own now defunct forum. They lurk but don't join in.
Some just leave after they either get all the info they need and just lurk or leave altogether.
Some, unfortunately have passed away.
Yeah I remember the other forum kind of ,my memory is not so good there was a guy in Arizona that I shipped some of my tortoises to when I was forced out of the hobby due to family member health issues don't see him on here or the vendor I used to buy cactus from

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah I remember the other forum kind of ,my memory is not so good there was a guy in Arizona that I shipped some of my tortoises to when I was forced out of the hobby due to family member health issues don't see him on here or the vendor I used to buy cactus from
Some of them will answer if tagged. But otherwise not so much.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It makes me sad to think there’s notable members no longer active☹️

I’m still very new here myself, but I’ve read so many old threads over time, even before I joined and it always struck me how cool it is that such a nice community has been built here over such a long period, people who are now long time internet friends who would’ve otherwise never met🙂

I really hope the folks I currently engage with here stick around for many more years to come! I’d love to be a long standing member myself one day😁

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It makes me sad to think there’s notable members no longer active☹️

I’m still very new here myself, but I’ve read so many old threads over time, even before I joined and it always struck me how cool it is that such a nice community has been built here over such a long period, people who are now long time internet friends who would’ve otherwise never met🙂

I really hope the folks I currently engage with here stick around for many more years to come! I’d love to be a long standing member myself one day😁
There are dozens. Probably hundreds of really fantastic members we've lost for various reasons. Just in the 9.5 years I've been here.
It's always great to get one back.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
There are dozens. Probably hundreds of really fantastic members we've lost for various reasons. Just in the 9.5 years I've been here.
It's always great to get one back.
That sucks, I bet there’s been the odd few that have disappeared and you never know why too, that would bum me out😣