White tail??

Jesika

Location (City and/or State)
Cumming, Georgia
Hey y'all I had a few questions. First, I was hoping if someone could help me out with my RTs tail. I noticed that Tub's tail is turning white. Now I don't know if it's caused by "pee bleaching" but it has a me a little concerned. Second is why is he so sluggish in the morning when he comes out to eat. He's usually pretty active but lately he's been spending a lot of time in his hide and when he comes out in the morning for breakfast he's in slow motion. His night temps never drop below 60F. IMG_3612.JPGIMG_3613.JPG

Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• IMG_3613.JPG
    IMG_3613.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 7

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldn't and don't let the night temps drop so low. I would keep it around 70-75. This is winter time and they will want to hibernate. Keeping them warmer and lights on bright 12-14 hours will help keep them more active. Mine still is less active then summer months even with the warm temps but not how yours seems to be acting.
As for the white tail, possibly dragging it throw Urates?

Jesika

Cumming, Georgia
Yea he's pretty messy, my temps at night under his ceramic head emitters are around 73ish but he always sleeps in his hide on the cool side so I just have to figure out how to keep that side warm as well.