Who am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
How well do you know your tortoise species by a face shot alone? Now granted, subspecies will not likely be possible with just a face shot. But test your knowledge. Who are we......

Photo 1
20090318_2799closeupwatermark.jpg

Photo 2
20090216_2702closeupwatermark.jpg

Photo 3
20090216_2706closeupwatermark.jpg

Photo 4
20090318_2892closeupwatermark.jpg

Photo 5
20090130_2510closeupwatermak.jpg

Photo 6
20090129_2432closeupwatermark.jpg

Photo 7
20090113_2026closeupwatermark.jpg

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
ummmm
1.-Spider Tortoise
2.-Greek Tortoise ssp.
3.-Egyptian Tortoise
4.-Spider Tortoise
5.-Red Footed Tortoise
6.-Hermann's Tortoise (Boettgeri)
7.-Uromastyx

how'd I do???

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Hmmm... guessing here....

#2 Greek
#3 Sulcata or leopard
#4 Russian
#5 Redfoot
#7 Uromastyx ?

Kristina

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am not so good at that but I just wanted to tell you that the pics are amazing. I just love their faces :D

Oogie

5 Year Member
ok...i'm new to torts, so i can't yet recognize em well...but i do know...

5. redfoot
7. NOT A TORT! lmao...that made me laugh!

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't have any guesses but that camera takes great close ups...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
1. star tortoise
2. I would say greek tortoise
3. Egyptian tortoise
4. maybe like a Forsten’s Tortoise who knows, lol
5. Red footed
6Hermanns or Marginated tort.
7 Uromastyx

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You've got to tell us what camera you have. I want one, I can't get any closeups of Dale like that. Anyway I do know #5 is a Redfoot and that's only because we have Dale. Candy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Could #4 be a young indotestudo?

How about letting us know if Herman Chris was right or not? I'm eager to know! (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Yvonne

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
HermanniChris had it exactly correct. Way to go Chris! You sure know your tortoise faces!

1.-Spider Tortoise
2.-Greek Tortoise ssp.
3.-Egyptian Tortoise
4.-Spider Tortoise
5.-Red Footed Tortoise
6.-Hermann's Tortoise (Boettgeri)
7.-Uromastyx

The camera we have, Candy, is an Olympus E510, digital SLR. This is the link to the specific camera http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1295 It is not a top-of-the-line digital camera or anything, but it sure can make those tortoises look great! The trick to my close-ups is two-fold. First, I take a fairly close image to begin with. But second, I enlarge and crop with Photoshop on some of the pictures. Since the camera is a 10 megapixel camera, I can afford to do that and not lose resolution when enlarging. It's basically the poor man's way of getting macro (sort of) photos. For example, here is the original of the lizard before I enlarged and cropped it.
20090113_2026.jpg

We bought the camera used off Ebay, so check it out, you might find a gem like we did!

As you've probably figured out, my (Robin) favorite hobby next to caring for reptiles, is photographing them. It just never gets old! :D.

Recently we had a photobook created using the Snapfish.com website where you upload your photos and add page backgrounds and text to label your photos. It is leather bound and turned out AMAZING! It is truly something we will treasure. The hardest part of it was picking which photos made it into the book!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tim/Robin said:
As you've probably figured out, my (Robin) favorite hobby next to caring for reptiles, is photographing them. It just never gets old! :D.

I know that for me, clicking onto a photo thread of yours never gets old either, Robin! I always look forward to seeing a new set of your pictures. Thanks also for sharing your secret. :D

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Jacqui said:
I know that for me, clicking onto a photo thread of yours never gets old either, Robin! I always look forward to seeing a new set of your pictures.

Thanks Jacqui! It's nice to know others enjoy them too. The best thing about spring is FINALLY the tortoises get back outside, which is good for them, but GREAT for photography! More photos to come I'm sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.