Who's got the oldest Sulcata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
If I'm not mistaken...that bucket is going to have a 14" diameter and that tort looks to be (3) buckets long...possibly a 42" sulcata...remarkable!

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
This doesn't help with the age thing but you can all guess.
This male belongs to a friend & weighs in at a supposed 241LB.
This is what my friend told me, I would like to see it on a scale & I will get a photo with a tape measure next time I'm there.
To my understanding it was an WC adult imported in the 80's.

KHSbigboy1-Copy.jpg

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cool, thanks for the pictures, he is huge.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have such a great mental picture of a pissed off 100+ pound sulcata doing the furious arm shake while stuck on top of a bucket. :D

So others have torts who do the chicken dance when you hold them up too long? One of mine will fling his front legs back and forth which makes my kids laugh like crazy. :D

Y

You Me and Mr T

t_mclellan said:
This doesn't help with the age thing but you can all guess.
This male belongs to a friend & weighs in at a supposed 241LB.
This is what my friend told me, I would like to see it on a scale & I will get a photo with a tape measure next time I'm there.
To my understanding it was an WC adult imported in the 80's.

KHSbigboy1-Copy.jpg

This is why our new house is going to have block walls instead of stucco. Can you imagine this guy having his way with your stucco walls?!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
The funny thing is, if you look at the photo you can see a wire being suspended in the blocks by orange pins. Kinda makes me wonder whether the an electric fence to keep people out, or to keep the sully in?

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
funny how you never know what is in the 'neighborhood'! Guess I know where I'm spending my off time next week... litchfield and the 303 are on the other side of town, but that's what day trips are for!

teri

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Wow.. what a handsome brute.. and LOVE the herd!!!!
Would love to visit that place and talk to the keepers.. How big is there area, do they get along? what is the male ratio etc..

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
DeanS said:
If I'm not mistaken...that bucket is going to have a 14" diameter and that tort looks to be (3) buckets long...possibly a 42" sulcata...remarkable!

Wow .... that put it in perspective for me. The pic is small and I thought the bucket was a paint can or upside down bleach bottle. Guess I shouldnt jump in the middle of threads.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
sharkstar said:
funny how you never know what is in the 'neighborhood'! Guess I know where I'm spending my off time next week... litchfield and the 303 are on the other side of town, but that's what day trips are for!

teri

The Wildlife World Zoo is awsome! So much better than the Phoenix Zoo. You can get a lot closer to the animals, and it's a lot less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.