Why do people use vivariums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggi

5 Year Member
thank you hlogic,as i said i dont know if what i do is right and if its not i am open to critisism as we are all learners,but i dont want to learn the hard way.my reasons for the way things are is because i dont want a pet that i can only sit and admire from afar,tortoises are very intelligent and noone must tell me they dont understand when you talk to them,i call mine and they instantly show up,but i dont want to make a bad mistake with them and lose them .so any advice will be taken on board love.thanx

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
i've used terrariums i generally design (not sure if thats is correct as i've said before i'm not a good speller) established system terrariums which use many species to cycle nitrogen and a few other elements like a natural ecosystem does. they can be used for Testudo but because drier enviroments slow down decomposition and cycling they need larger terrariums compared to similar sized forest dwellers. though my use of terrarium would include tortoise tables but only if they contain live plants and fungi. if not they are cages like any other but they wouldn't be established systems unless they cycle atleast some elements/nutrients. also as a side note generally barring a crash established systems don't usually need much cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.