Why I Never Complain About Summer Heat

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
He seems to enjoy the snow,(but who really knows what goes through a tortoise"s mind) He sometimes stays out in it longer than I feel he should, but he always goes back in his house to warm up when he's ready.. Glad to see you"re back.
It's nice that he knows what is good for him. Charlie is camped out in a corner of the yard again, and I am waiting for help to move him to his house. It's not too cold now but it will get down in the high 30s tonight.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It's nice that he knows what is good for him. Charlie is camped out in a corner of the yard again, and I am waiting for help to move him to his house. It's not too cold now but it will get down in the high 30s tonight.
If you can find a big enough piece of 6 mil poly, or just about anything that's slick and flexible and get it under him you should be able to drag him anywhere you want to (maybe), especially if he's chilly and don't fight you to much. I know how stubborn they can be..What I do with Walker is get his attention with a white paper plate and he will follow me anywhere. It went all the way up to 33 today.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
If you can find a big enough piece of 6 mil poly, or just about anything that's slick and flexible and get it under him you should be able to drag him anywhere you want to (maybe), especially if he's chilly and don't fight you to much. I know how stubborn they can be..What I do with Walker is get his attention with a white paper plate and he will follow me anywhere. It went all the way up to 33 today.
I have a towel I use. Every thing else I tried tore. He usually fights. It is easy once we get the towel under him, but getting it under him is challenging.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I have a towel I use. Every thing else I tried tore. He usually fights. It is easy once we get the towel under him, but getting it under him is challenging.
Wow, don't get me wrong I know how big these guys get. But since I can still pick mine up my hand, everytime I read a post like this it really puts it into perspective.

Prairie Mom

He seems to enjoy the snow,(but who really knows what goes through a tortoise"s mind) He sometimes stays out in it longer than I feel he should, but he always goes back in his house to warm up when he's ready.. Glad to see you"re back.

That's awesome