witch one

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason longboard

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ok,shes got 2 4 inch guys,by the time they are outside all the time i will have some fencing up just for the one.Witch is easier,male or female,as far as digging too much,trying to leave,and so on?For now if i get one it will have an indoor pen and get to go in temp outdoor pen when im around the house for a while for sun rays.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Jason,
I am not sure there is a good or bad about male or female. I think it is the individual tort and whether they did or not. Right now they should be in hibernation. If not hibernating then an indoor pen is needed. But with UVB and heat lights. If I remember you are in California and I am also and right now it is too cold to put them out. If you get them Now I highly recommend teh UVB and heat lamp (Mercury Vapor Bulb) and perhaps a night temp heat lamp if your house is cold and drafty like mine is. (It can get into the 50s at night).

jason longboard

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Jason,
I am not sure there is a good or bad about male or female. I think it is the individual tort and whether they did or not. Right now they should be in hibernation. If not hibernating then an indoor pen is needed. But with UVB and heat lights. If I remember you are in California and I am also and right now it is too cold to put them out. If you get them Now I highly recommend teh UVB and heat lamp (Mercury Vapor Bulb) and perhaps a night temp heat lamp if your house is cold and drafty like mine is. (It can get into the 50s at night).
they are not hibernating,they are like a year old,so the night temp drop is bad enough indoors if heated good in the day?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
How much do you need to worry about egg binding with females...even if no male is around?

Status
Not open for further replies.