Worried about my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Weda737 said:
Okay, I don't know, but the drooling, eating a lot and slight incontinence kinda sounds like cushings disease to me. I just went through that with my 18 year old pup. Start watching for little scabby places in the ears and paw pads. That's exactly what happened to her. I don't know your dog, I don't know how her neuro issues affect her, I'm just sharing my experience. I really hope that's not the case. My vet didn't detect the cushings either, and we went over and over. Good luck with your little buddy.

Well she has always been very greedy (her mum was the same) and the incontinence is new but she is old (will be 11 in July) and thankfully there doesn't seem to be anymore drooling so hoping that they are not related!

Her ears are fine (they get checked alot, particularly this time of year as she has hay fever)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Not sure about the drooling, but if she is newly incontinent there are medications that can help (ALOT!!).
Spayed female dogs loose some of the muscle control that holds the urine in, due to loss of hormone production. Many vets will want to do a urine check to make sure it is not something medical causing the incontinence, but many times is is just that. Some vets can give you a drug that is even taken just once weekly (After initially taking it once daily for one week) No one should have to live with a leaking dog, if they don't have to .
Good Luck.
Nay

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Merlin M said:
Weda737 said:
Okay, I don't know, but the drooling, eating a lot and slight incontinence kinda sounds like cushings disease to me. I just went through that with my 18 year old pup. Start watching for little scabby places in the ears and paw pads. That's exactly what happened to her. I don't know your dog, I don't know how her neuro issues affect her, I'm just sharing my experience. I really hope that's not the case. My vet didn't detect the cushings either, and we went over and over. Good luck with your little buddy.

Well she has always been very greedy (her mum was the same) and the incontinence is new but she is old (will be 11 in July) and thankfully there doesn't seem to be anymore drooling so hoping that they are not related!

Her ears are fine (they get checked alot, particularly this time of year as she has hay fever)
Very glad to hear it, I wouldn't want to wish that pain on anyone.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
FYI...not sure if anyone knows about flea meds, some can be toxic to your pets and cause lumps and/or tumors in your animals and def shorten their life span =( HARTZ and Segeants are def two brands I know for a fact will do this! They can cause your animal to twitch, not eat, have spasms and can possibly die. What I use is PROGRAM (like a birth control for fleas), CAPSTAR (kills fleas within 30 minutes and lasts for 24 hrs), and last but not least I use the blue DAWN dish soap to wash my dogs and it kills fleas within 2 minutes...THEY WILL ALL DIE so make sure you scrub them thoroughly and for at least 2 minutes and make sure you wash it completely off as it can dry or irritate sensitive skin in certain breeds and if this happens then use it once every other week...gluck and hope this helps someone in need =)

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
She just choked really badly on a biscuit, eventually got it up, but it was covered in blood... She is not feeling very good right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.