would this work?

Heather H

Location (City and/or State)
N.E. ohio
I have an old wooden dresser my idea. remove all the insides, and put the dresser on it's back. Cut an entrance way on side of dresser attach one or two of the drawers to the side so the whole thing would be really big, "L or U" shaped. Add legs so it would be off the floor. Add a back to the whole thing so it would be stronger. ??? would this work? the dresser is 4 foot high and 3 feet wide. not sure of the depth . so the drawers would be 3 feet across about . this would be Tuxy's night time and bad weather inside enclosure

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
Sounds neat. Oh to have all that space to work with! Will the drawers be deep enough once you add substrate? Also, that's a lot of sealing. I particularly hate using a caulking gun, so this seems daunting to me

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That can work, but it seems so much easier to just build one from scratch to fit the size space you have rather than try to retrofit and repurpose something else.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It certainly would work, Heather. Have at it!! You'll have to line it with plastic to keep the wood dry. I'm excited to watch you build it. Be sure to take lots of pictures.