wow... what dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Just went to that thread, copied the link from the address bar, then went to this thread, pasted and voila!

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I've got a few of Tyler's Aldabras as well :D

2 from the Pasadena show:

2 from the Anaheim NARBC show:

(if you click on the image and click on the "All Sizes" button above the photo, you can see MUCH larger versions of them, 'large' and 'original')

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Oh my goodness....pssh.

THANK YOU for posting pictures of the offending screen, Kadaan. You can see them just fine through both the screen, and the grass.

Shame on this person saying Tyler is a bad business man! I mean LOOK at those setups for the show! I have seen little torts either on alfalfa pellets, or on fir chips at shows. He obviously cares very much about his animals.

Each species at Blue Beast's table has a tailored setup...The RFs on eco, and the aldabras on nice fresh turf.

The more I read in this thread, the more confident and comfortable I would be purchasing from them in the future!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Wow. They look so calm and composed.:)

I wonder if they are less rambunctious than sulcatas, as adults?

Are there any movies/documentaries that show these large tortoises in action? I'd love to see that.:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I hate to say it but I can see them clearly even on a computer screen. Of course i would love to pick one up and handle it, but I also know that it can be stressful to the tort.

Tomblake483727

10 Year Member!
rav007 said:
I'm glad you can all see them "Clearly" on your pc's. To be honest, this whole conversation has really changed my opinion about the "reptile world". Thank you all for opening my eye's to what is really important, $$$$$$$$$$. And to anyone who tries to tell me "its for the best interest of the animal, blah blah" Im sure that Poor little tortoise is soo fragile that anyone even handling it would surly send it into shock, perhaps anaphylactic shock from a one in a million allergy from my breath, thank you for saving me from buying something that is SOO Fragile it will DIE if you mearly STARE at it too hard. I mean, you have all said that merely touching it will kill it. All the poor sulcatas... they never had a chance.... didn't you hear? on the news, later there was a pandemic outbreak of biblical proportions that wiped out all sulcatas within a 5 mile radius, thank *god* no one touched the aldabra. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing, since I dont have to post on here the same question OVER AND OVER "help, what temp's should my hot spot be at? how do i measure the temp?" EXCUSE ME if i know how to read. EXCUSE ME if i do my research BEFORE i get my animals. Forgive me for googling the basics. Your right, i dont know anything, i have 3 torts (one of those oh so fragile sulcatas i mentioned above, and redfoots), i have monitors, tegu's, ,uromastyx, bearded dragons, ball pythons, and ferrets. i have over 150 breeding rats, i hand build all my cages (even humidity systems!), i have over over 7 mega rays in operation, hand build all of my cages and rat racks, did i mentioned my backyard is landscaped to cater to my torts? Did i mention, im 25, own my own house, and no my "Daddy/Mommy" didn't help me do a damn thing. I have 3 rooms dedicated in my house to my animals... you right... i guess because i dont put that into my "signature" that means i don't know a damn thing. you _all_ missed my point. please save your replies.. I really don't care.

-Rav007 out.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think someone is upset.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
rav007 said:
I'm glad you can all see them "Clearly" on your pc's. To be honest, this whole conversation has really changed my opinion about the "reptile world". Thank you all for opening my eye's to what is really important, $$$$$$$$$$. And to anyone who tries to tell me "its for the best interest of the animal, blah blah" Im sure that Poor little tortoise is soo fragile that anyone even handling it would surly send it into shock, perhaps anaphylactic shock from a one in a million allergy from my breath, thank you for saving me from buying something that is SOO Fragile it will DIE if you mearly STARE at it too hard. I mean, you have all said that merely touching it will kill it. All the poor sulcatas... they never had a chance.... didn't you hear? on the news, later there was a pandemic outbreak of biblical proportions that wiped out all sulcatas within a 5 mile radius, thank *god* no one touched the aldabra. Clearly I have no idea what I am doing, since I dont have to post on here the same question OVER AND OVER "help, what temp's should my hot spot be at? how do i measure the temp?" EXCUSE ME if i know how to read. EXCUSE ME if i do my research BEFORE i get my animals. Forgive me for googling the basics. Your right, i dont know anything, i have 3 torts (one of those oh so fragile sulcatas i mentioned above, and redfoots), i have monitors, tegu's, ,uromastyx, bearded dragons, ball pythons, and ferrets. i have over 150 breeding rats, i hand build all my cages (even humidity systems!), i have over over 7 mega rays in operation, hand build all of my cages and rat racks, did i mentioned my backyard is landscaped to cater to my torts? Did i mention, im 25, own my own house, and no my "Daddy/Mommy" didn't help me do a damn thing. I have 3 rooms dedicated in my house to my animals... you right... i guess because i dont put that into my "signature" that means i don't know a damn thing. you _all_ missed my point. please save your replies.. I really don't care.

-Rav007 out.

calm-down.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You know this whole thing could have been avoided if you had just stuck up for yourself at the time (instead of now) and told Tyler that you were serious. That he looks down on me and doesn't think that I can afford it doesn't cut it. If you were serious I think you would have told him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.