Wow!

Lyndi

Location (City and/or State)
Darwen, Lancashire
Wow, I don't even have tortoises - came to this forum because I rescued two turtles - but I've since been reading a lot of the posts about tortoises and their care and it's fascinating! I didn't realise there were so many different types of tortoises in the world! And here was me thinking turtle husbandry could be kind of challenging..! ? ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, I don't even have tortoises - came to this forum because I rescued two turtles - but I've since been reading a lot of the posts about tortoises and their care and it's fascinating! I didn't realise there were so many different types of tortoises in the world! And here was me thinking turtle husbandry could be kind of challenging..! ? ??
I didn't realize that about the different species of tortoise either way back in the '60s when I got my first tortoise. Looking back at the tortoises I 'found' wandering around my neighborhood back then, I'm almost certain one of them was a chaco. But I thought, at that time, a tortoise is a tortoise. Wish I knew then what I know now!

Lyndi

Darwen, Lancashire
I didn't realize that about the different species of tortoise either way back in the '60s when I got my first tortoise. Looking back at the tortoises I 'found' wandering around my neighborhood back then, I'm almost certain one of them was a chaco. But I thought, at that time, a tortoise is a tortoise. Wish I knew then what I know now!
Yes, back in the 60s our family had a tortoise when I was a little girl, but I have no idea what it was or what happened to it either. ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Being in the UK, it was probably a Greek tortoise.

So, has all your wandering over our pages and reading our wonderful repartee interested you enough to think about getting your own tortoise?