www.reptileeats.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Hey there, has anyone else ordered from www.reptileeats.com? I just placed an order the other day that should be here tomorrow as I wanted to try them out. I live in Wisconsin now so I have been looking for a supply of appropriate foods for my non-hibernating torts during the cold winters up here. I know I wont be able to find much of anything locally. Just wondering if anyone else used their service. I also plan to grow stuff indoors for them under grow lights but this would be a steady supply of food.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
I tried reptileats.com last winter. My torts LOVED the variety of food. The only problem is..it sometimes froze and then had to be used all up that day or trashed. I still havn't decided on if I'll use them again.
I felt it was WELL worth the price concidering our selections up here and I didnt have to shop for it, wash or prep the food.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Iluvemturts said:
I tried reptileats.com last winter. My torts LOVED the variety of food. The only problem is..it sometimes froze and then had to be used all up that day or trashed. I still havn't decided on if I'll use them again.
I felt it was WELL worth the price concidering our selections up here and I didnt have to shop for it, wash or prep the food.

How much do you think I would have to order for one russian? I was looking at the site and will probably order some stuff.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
I'd do 1lb. If you run out use a little Mazuri till your next shipment.;)
It'll be for 2 weeks.
I'd also have it shipped where you are during the day so it doesn't sit on a porch or whatever till your done with work.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Iluvemturts said:
I'd do 1lb. If you run out use a little Mazuri till your next shipment.;)
It'll be for 2 weeks.
I'd also have it shipped where you are during the day so it doesn't sit on a porch or whatever till your done with work.

Thanks!! I will probably do that today then!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i talked to the reptigreens lady at that show, crazy1. they have a good thing going, especially for socal folks. their greens are 100% organic and locally grown (SD county) an environmentally friendly and tortoise friendly choice indeed

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well my order arrived today. DHL put it on my neighbors porch in the sun at 10:30am this morning. I didnt check the tracking until almost 3 and thats when I went looking for the box. It was a little warm inside the box but other than that seemed ok. There was a bit of mold along one edge of the prickly pear pad. I let the owners know all of this and they assured me that if I placed another order that would make it all right. I ordered 1lb and that would be plenty for a Russian for 2 week Crystal. If I continue to order I will need to probably order the 1lb every week shipment instead of every 2 weeks to take care of my bunch. Overall I was satisfied with the products themselves.

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I must have missed that booth... :( Where was it at? I was at the Blue Beast Reptile booth most of the show... Anybody get one of them sweet plastic turtle/tort tubs?

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
JustAnja said:
Well my order arrived today. DHL put it on my neighbors porch in the sun at 10:30am this morning. I didnt check the tracking until almost 3 and thats when I went looking for the box. It was a little warm inside the box but other than that seemed ok. There was a bit of mold along one edge of the prickly pear pad. I let the owners know all of this and they assured me that if I placed another order that would make it all right. I ordered 1lb and that would be plenty for a Russian for 2 week Crystal. If I continue to order I will need to probably order the 1lb every week shipment instead of every 2 weeks to take care of my bunch. Overall I was satisfied with the products themselves.

Thanks a bunch! That definitely solidifies that for me....I will just have it shipped to my work so hopefully I wont have any shipping issues!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
the reptieats booth was along the very back. they had some samples, menus, and other info. they weren't too big so you mighta missed em

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The one time I ordered from reptileeats the stuff got to me at the end of the day and it was all nasty, so I had to trash it all, the only thing that survived was the dandelion, but it did not last long. Definatly have it shipped to your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.