Yellow belly slider baby:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie333

5 Year Member
My yellow belly slider Charlie not sure how old he is but shell length is about 2 inches he eat everything and I mean everything I give him veggies fruits pellets live fish . Is there anything in particular I should feed him that's especially healthy for them. I'm a firs time turtle owner :) all help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image-3142443875.png
    image-3142443875.png
    679 KB · Views: 55
  • image-622804876.png
    image-622804876.png
    864 KB · Views: 45

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not the best to give advice on a baby slider, so I will let others do that. However, I had to say he/she is very cute:D

katie333

5 Year Member
Thank you I'm in love i should've gotten a turtle a long time ago :)

katie333

5 Year Member
Eye Swelling Yellow Belly Slider HELP!!

First time turtle owner had him/her for a week and a half and am absolutely in loveeee =] My concern are his eyes.... Are his eyes swollen or are they normal? Also i noticed his eyelids are transparent?

Thanks in advance =]

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 39
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 27

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
RE: Eye Swelling Yellow Belly Slider HELP!!

That's just how their eyes tend to look.

However, if they get puffy or inflamed, you can purchase special eye drops for turtles at pretty much any pet store.

Very cute. :D

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Sliders love crickets/earthworms/mealworms. Not in excess, though, more as a treat.

Appropriate feeder fish are also fine, as long as they are small enough and the right type.

Buy him some Reptomin! It's top notch and great for them.

katie333

5 Year Member
Thank you! I gave Bought fish to feed him fed him one ended up keeping the remaining 7 as pets lol I just felt so bad for them. Reptomin is the one and only pellet brand he gets I got the variety pack that has pellets shrimp And krill but only give him te shrimp and krill once in a while. As far as live feed I think I will feed him crickets or worms I don't think my heart can handle the fish being killed lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
As far as live feed I think I will feed him crickets or worms

They sale a freeze dried mix up bugs and worms in the pet store...the RESs here LOVE LOVE LOVE it...I also sprinkle some of the bug parts on the redfoot torts greens and they lose their mind eating every piece as well.....plus the freeze dried means they are 1) already deceased and 2) not smelly and wiggly and having to be cared for to be maintained for food....ick...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.