Young horsefeild turns pale after bath?

CloudyDay

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire
My yound horsefeild tortoise had just had his first bath and when i got him out his skin had turned very pale but his shell was the same colour. He had no visable injuries and didnt seem stressed or anxious in the bath. He has also eaten less than he would normally although he has eaten around half of what i have given him. In addition to this his enclosure has been thoroughly cleaned and rearranged but this never normall bothers him. What could be the issue? Is he stressed? Or am i just over thinking it as everyone else who has seen him thinks he has returned to his original colour while i do not?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome CloudyDay....but we know many days in Yorkshire are like that! Especially this time of year.

You have any pre and post bath pix? I doubt if you have any reason to worry, especially if others say the same.

Upload some pix and welcome!

CloudyDay

Yorkshire
First thankyou so much for replying as being a first time owner i am fairly concerned.

1519573877926511582769.jpg
Here is a post pic

20180114_112743.jpg 20180114_112743.jpg
And here are the pre pics

Sorry for how difficult they are to see

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The tortoise looks fine to me.

CloudyDay

Yorkshire
Thanks for the input, im probably just worrying and it helps to see others povs

CloudyDay

Yorkshire
In the new one it is half a lizard carpet for an easy clean and the other half is specific tortoise terrain and in the old one it was wood chippings as a temporary solution

Last edited: