Zucchini??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I was given 20lbs case of zucchini today..wondering if I can feed this off within a week without issues..

Thinking of feeding them each 3-4 zucchini a day in there food for about a week ...right now they get 1 a day as part of there normal diet without issue...but in order to use up the case I need to feed them more....will this be OK..

Thoughts , opinions????

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't think it will kill them. But it will probably make their poo a bit runny. Might help if you mix it with grass hay...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hector what a score....you should slice some up and grill with garlic salt and olive oil for yourself...sooooooo good :D

You know it has been observed that a tortoise in the wild will gorge on a particular food while it is in bloom until gone then move on and do the same with variety of plants.....IMHO you should be fine including them as described along with other rufage and they should be aok as this is not their regular everyday diet...I would guess they would get a bump of hydration as well as likely will have a bit more loose poo presents.....just for you :D:D which in turn means a bit of internal plumbing cleaning LOL

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Mine LOVE it, Hector! Since it's very cheap right now I've been giving it to my Sullys 4 or 5x/week... mixed w/other greens of course! I agree w/Ange... bbq some of that stuff! :)

M

Maggie Cummings

I would keep it in the bottom of the refer and feed it daily to them. It is good for them, you just need to figure how to keep it the longest, because like I said, it is good for them and I pay good money for my torts to have squash every day. What a score!. I just remembered where you live, so I would just keep it outside...make it last as long as you can for them...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Can it be sliced and frozen? I feed squash and zucchini once a week but thats because I have to buy it.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Today i went to the produce center to pick up my cactus.. And the guy there gives me a case of zucchini and two cases of romain... I don't want to turn it down..but I just brought a case of romain yesterday..I have a frig in the basement just for the torts and it's full..So today they got a feast..It is the first time in a while they didn't eat everything in there enclosure..

Status
Not open for further replies.