2 Leopards together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machin

5 Year Member
Hi there, I currently have a 14 month old Leopard and I just love him so much that I'm thinking of getting another one! would I be able to keep them together? I have read that some tort's prefer there own company and do not get on well with others so I am wanting to make sure they will be ok together before even considering it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Leopards are generally pretty peaceful, but I still prefer not to keep pairs. I would get at least two more, quarantine them all separately, run a couple of fecals during the quarantine, and then have a happy leopard family. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
They must be kept separately for at least 6 months in quarantine... and they're not small tortoises as they grow up!

There is no guarantee that they will ever cohabit successfully especially with gender being a lottery until they are 5-10 years old.

Unless you have room for two full grown leopard tortoises to be kept entirely separately, don't gamble with their health and happiness. They don't get lonely.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As a rule tortoises prefer to be alone, leopards are said exception to that rule. I would caution to keep them together only if they are the same size wise.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Shouldn't be a problem. The biggest concern you will need to watch out for is the size difference among the two. As with any tortoise group, keep an eye out for aggressive behavior.

Machin

5 Year Member
Thanks very much, I know that they will grow big and I am prepared for that but I only wanted to get another if they would be happy together so I may just stick with the one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.