2 questions, please answer

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Hello everyone, hope you are well.

1st-is flex seal safe?

2nd- what is the best fogger for redfoots?

Our tort complex is 8x3.

Minnesota
Flex seal is toxic I believe but if it the tape or at the bottom covered with substrate or outside the enclosure it should be fine but if keep an eye out if (s)he gets to close to it and might think it's good it could happen but unlikely

Minnesota
For my Russian I have a small dollar store humiditier but if the enclosure is in a big room you might need a big humidifier or there are products that shoot water into the tank at times of the day and that will raise the humidity

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone, hope you are well.

1st-is flex seal safe?

2nd- what is the best fogger for redfoots?

Our tort complex is 8x3.
1. Other members here have used Flex Seal. I do't know how safe it is, or isn't. Never used it myself. Is this for a closed chamber or open topped enclosure?
2. I would not use a fogger in a tortoise enclosure. Use a closed chamber to contain your heat and humidity.

veronikew

Dublin
If you want to use Flex Seal on your substrate bin. While you use the flex you should avoid leaving the Flex Seal in liquid form while your pets are roaming around. In such a situation, you can use this Flex Seal and adopt different methods to dry the seal instantly. Once the seal is dry, it is entirely safe for all the animals. So, keeping the reptiles away from the sealant can provide you with a secure way to fix your problem while ensuring your pet is healthy as well.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
If you want to use Flex Seal on your substrate bin. While you use the flex you should avoid leaving the Flex Seal in liquid form while your pets are roaming around. In such a situation, you can use this Flex Seal and adopt different methods to dry the seal instantly. Once the seal is dry, it is entirely safe for all the animals. So, keeping the reptiles away from the sealant can provide you with a secure way to fix your problem while ensuring your pet is healthy as well.
This is good advice, but if you don't get a response, it's because this thread is from Dec 2020. I haven't seen the OP on here for a very long time.