Adopting different tortoises! any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
I am the owner of a redfoot! tortoise and I enjoy mine a lot. but what other tortoises can I adopt as a new Englander. I don't want a Russian because i want a tortoise that i can watch grow to a decent size and . And not sulcata's wouldn't be good for New Englanders because it can be rather humid here sometimes! I live in Rhode Island btw!

I wouldn't be adopting any until atleast april when my birthday comes around though!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just so you know, different species should not be housed together. So be sure you have room for them to have their own individual enclosures.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Any tort would be great!! Humidity is great for Sulcata's. I live in New England and keep a Sulcata and keeping the enclosers humid enough is my biggest challenge!! Whatever you decide I hope you post pics!!

tickle

5 Year Member
get a yellow foot same care as a redfoot.a leopard is good also but you cannot house them together.sulcatas are to big unless you have a huge yard.burmese black mounting torts are good also.

tickle

5 Year Member
I say yellow foot cause dilute can house him with the redfoots.the color combo is cool to.any other tort u will have to house seperatly.if you do house 2 different kinds of torts together have you're vet on speed dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.