Advice for my tortoise

Janine3

Location (City and/or State)
Netherlands
can anybody give me some advise, after hibernation, it hasn’t opened it’s eyes much, is lathargic, I’m bathing and feeding him myself daily, took him to the vets but they are unsure. He spends each day out in the sun and evening under his lamp he’s 5 now always been fine till now ?

Kasia

Poland
What did your Vet test? Any blood work? What is your setup, what are you feeding him? How did you hibernate him? In the fridge? How long was he sleeping and is this his first hibernation? How old is he? And what kind of tortoise is he? Please provide more information so others can chip in.

Reactions: Tom

Janine3

Netherlands
can anybody give me some advise, after hibernation, it hasn’t opened it’s eyes much, is lathargic, I’m bathing and feeding him myself daily, took him to the vets but they are unsure. He spends each day out in the sun and evening under his lamp he’s 5 now always been fine till now ?
What did your Vet test? Any blood work? What is your setup, what are you feeding him? How did you hibernate him? In the fridge? How long was he sleeping and is this his first hibernation? How old is he? And what kind of tortoise is he? Please provide more information so others can chip in.
I hibernated him for 4 months in the shed in a box this is his 3rd hibernation, no bloody where done , said he could be dyhdrated due to the hibernation. He’s 5. He is a large run with soil and grass, comes in in the evening to a run that has his lamp on. I feed him veg, fruit. I’m bathing his eyes daily.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species?
What are your four temperatures in the indoor enclosure? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and overnight low?
What are the daytime highs and overnight lows outside where you are?
What was the temperature in the shed where you hibernated him?